What a wonderful surprise, I’ve been nominated by Catherine Lumb for the Liebster Award. As a new blogger I marvel at the talent I am lucky to run across, and the willingness for people in the community to help each other out. This is like having an extended family who have advice on everything! How could it get any better. :0)
Lets see now, I’ll try to get this right. 🙂 The rules for the Liebster are; thank the person who nominated you, list 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people, and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the Liebster guidelines the award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers, how cool is this!
11 Random Facts About Me:
I drink coffee in the shower.
- I love genealogy, and have traced my great, great, great-grandfather back to the 1700’s.
- Sometimes I watch movies on my iPhone, under the covers, like I’m camping. 🙂
- I’m pretty sure I’ll still be flipping people the bird, on occasion, when I’m 94.
- I think Halloween is the greatest holiday of all time.
- I’d like to drive in a crash-up derby some day.
- Some day I will ride a camel and an elephant, not necessarily on the same day.
- I love Egyptology, and archeology in general.
- I like cake decorating.
- I love horror movies, as long as they are not really gory.
- Charlie Brown is my favorite cartoon character.
My answers to the 11. questions:
1. What’s your most significant childhood memory? Having the freedom to wander around the farm where I grew up. Even now, I love walking down a road I’ve never been, or climbing a hill to see what is on the other side.
2. What is the one thing you want to do most before you die? Live on a farm again, like I did as a child. I’d like to have a miniature goat, and a pig. The kind that stay small and don’t grow into large porkers. I’d also like to have chickens, and maybe a miniature horse, if I win the lottery, :0)
3. Do you have a favourite magazine? I don’t read a lot of magazines, they are just too costly to buy. If I had to choose one, it would be National Geographic. As a child we always had it in the house. I have a couple of copies from 1959, when I was born, but I don’t have one for the month of March, my birthday. I’d like to find that some day.
4. What do you think is the best thing about having children? Watching them shape their own lives.
5. What’s the worst thing about having children? Watching them fall flat on their face.
6. What do you do in order to relax? I love to bake, so sometimes I do that, or I might work in my art room, on whatever is grabbing me that day. I have so many interests, it’s really hard to say. If I’m feeling really brain-dead, I might just watch a movie.
7. Is there someone you really hate – and why? There is no one I hate, but there are a few people who are not on my Christmas list, lol. Some people are so negative, I just can’t stand being around individuals like that. It drains my energy, so I work at surrounding myself with positive people.
8. If you could live anywhere else, where would this be? Assuming I already have #2, I’d choose a small house near the ocean, so I could go beach combing each day.
9. Is there a particular job that you wish you could excel at? Job? not really, but I do wish I knew how tp play the piano really well.
10. Are you a cat or dog person? I am most defiantly a cat person, but I love our little Westie to bits!
11. How would you define love? Always feeling wanted.
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you believe in the paranormal?
- Is there a favorite teacher from your childhood who you still think about?
- If you had the power to do anything in the world, what would it be?
- What is the funniest date you ever had?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could fly to any city in the world, where would it be?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Have you ever walked in your sleep?
- What is your favorite movie, and why?
- Do you play a musical instrument, if not, which one would you like to learn?
- What was your very first job?
My Nominees are: